17 Media is the world leader in the live streaming industry and real-time content sharing mobile application for celebrities, entertainers, and influencers. We allow users to create and share their lives through live streams and photos, all while earning royalties.
We are a global company, with users in more than 50 countries. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to collaborate with passionate individuals and leading-edge technologies. As we rapidly expand across the world, we are looking for dedicated professionals to be a part of our family, to be part of our vision to be the global champion in live media and entertainment.
Our industry and company are both fast-paced and dynamic, so you should be flexible and able to shift priorities without letting anything fall through the cracks. In the process, you will keep a constant eye out for ways to improve efficiencies and controls. We are building systems, so you'll need to think outside the box to deliver what's needed.
In addition, to find success as one of the finance team, you will:
- Be proactive about getting up to speed quickly on our company, goals, and processes. We do understand there will be a learning curve that could be as long as 3-6 months, depending on your skill & experience
- Help promote a positive and collaborative culture on the team, and in interactions with other departments
- Set high standards for yourself
- Maintain a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
We are currently hiring for Sr. Accounting Manager professionals that will take part in:
The Sr. Accounting Manager role based in Taiwan, report to HQ CFO, and collaborates and works closely with the respective Regional Finance Manager to ensure budgeting, accounting, and other financial and accounting functions are in accordance with IFRS, M17 group finance policies and procedures. This position ensures that M17s' country program databases are closed on time and the financial data from the field are complete and accurate and uploaded to HQ Accounting system. This position provides regular financial and accounts analysis and is responsible for a portfolio of 3-4 countries.
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end closure by the country programs. Identify issues that need to be resolved and determines an action plan.
- Provides regional Finance manager with analysis and technical support, assistance with adherence to M17’s policies and procedures, and answering any direct inquiries.
- Perform detailed account analysis and financial report consolidate, coordinate resolutions, and recommend improvements as needed.
- Perform temporary assignments to assist Country Programs with staff capacity building, resolving major accounting issues as well as gain an understanding of the Country Program's day-to-day accounting activities, including transaction processing and month-end close.
- Assist with Country Programs for clearing of audit findings as they relate to accounting issues.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly expense fluctuations to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Monitor discretionary and temporary restricted projects. Ensure proper setup, spending remains within the project budgets and timely closure.
- Provide feedback to Regional Finance Officers and Country CEO and identify staff training needs to increase financial capacity.
- Support M17 in preparation for external audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor, which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
- Provide mentorship to CPs and HQ Staff on financial management.
- Project work as driven and assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
You will be highly considered if you have the following experience:
We are in the process of automating some systems, but currently, there is a good deal of manual work. You'll have the opportunity to influence those processes in their standard form and as we automate, contributing to best practices.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive accounting experience. ( Gaming Industry/ E-Commerce Industry/Retail Industry)
- Self-motivation, high standards, and a performance improvement mindset
- Ability to thrive and deliver in an evolving, fast-paced environment
- Ability work independently and as a member of a strong team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and IFRS knowledge.
Good to have:
- 1+ years of Overseas working experience
Strong computer skills, including:
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite programs, including strong Excel skills (ability to create complex spreadsheets, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.)
- SAP by Design knowledge and experience preferred
- TOEIC 800
- 堅強的分析及解決問題的技能, 並且熟知國際會計準則
- 熟練使用MS Office，包括較强的Excel技能（能夠創建複雜的試算表、樞紐分析表、vLookups等）
- SAP by Design 的使用經驗